Growing with our Clients
Originally founded in 1981 as Korea Technology Development Company, a government-funded investment vehicle specializing
in technology-related investment opportunities, DAOL Financial Group(“DAOL”) has since grown into a comprehensive financial
group offering a wide range of financial services, including securities, savings bank, asset management and private equity.
Established Korea Technology Development Company
- 1981. 05
Listed on KOSPI (DAOL)
- 1996. 11
Established DAOL Asset Management
- 1999. 09
Acquired DAOL Securities Thailand
- Received Securities License & Change Name to DAOL Investment & Securities
- Established DAOL Thailand
- 2008. 07
Established DAOL Private Equity
(Spin-off from DAOL Investment & Securities PE Division)
- 2012. 04
Established DAOL REIT & DAOL Investment Management Thailand
- 2018. 11
Established DAOL New York
- 2019. 07
Established DAOL Lend Thailand
- 2020. 02
- Acquired DAOL Savings Bank from Eugene Group
- 2021. 12
Change Name to DAOL
- 2022. 03
- Investment Banking “Experts in structured finance”
- DAOL's Investment Banking professional have long played leading role professionals in the structured finance market, with strong expertise in a wide range of alternative investment products, including real estate / SOC, aircraft and ship financing and renewable energy. DAOL employs a variety of advanced financial techniques in raising capital for large-scale projects and long-term investment opportunities for institutional clients.
DAOL provides truly presents customized solutions that address the diversified financial needs of our corporate clients.
- Wholesale Brokerage “Speedy and accurate response to client’s requests”
- Institutional investors need a trusted partner who can provide speedy and accurate solutions in order to maximize their returns. DAOL offers a wide-ranging financial product lineup for institutional investors that goes beyond the traditional offerings such as stock, bonds and derivatives and have been able to maintain its status as one of the preferred partners for institutional investors.
- Research Center “Conducting research to help clients”
- Today’s financial markets require an investment strategy that can adapt to the fast-changing market conditions. DAOL Research Center provides up-to-date and insightful market information, based on the accumulated knowledge base and expertise of industry leading analysts.
- FICC “DAOL’s solution for both return and risk management”
- In this rapidly changing economy, traditional assets such as stocks and bonds are constantly challenged in terms of volatility and yield. To overcome the limitations of the traditional assets, DAOL offers a variety of OTC derivative products with various risk-return profiles for investors with a focus on derivative-linked securities (ELS, DLS).
- Retail Financial services “DAOL for smarter individual investors”
- Both individual and corporate investors require a stable trading platform, a variety of financial instruments and in-depth investment consulting services. DAOL has been effectively dealing with such customer needs through various retail services, including online account opening and customized Wrap Account services
* Wrap Account : managed account with annual based fee
Originally founded in 1981 as Korea Technology Development Company, a government-funded investment vehicle specializing in technology-related investment opportunities, DAOL Investment & Securities(“DAOL") has since grown into a comprehensive securities company offering a wide range of financial products and services including, investment banking, institutional brokerage and individual wealth management. DAOL's professional have long played leading role professionals in the structured finance market, with strong expertise in a wide range of alternative investment products, including real estate / SOC, aircraft and ship financing and renewable energy. DAOL holds DAOL Savings Bank, DAOL Investment, DAOL Asset Management, DAOL Private Equity, DAOL Credit Service as its owned subsidiaries.
DAOL Savings Bank is established in 1972 based on Korean capital. As of the end of 2021, total asset is USD 3 billion, revenue is USD 0.3 billion, and BIS Ratio is 13.3%, which is a stable bank. Acquired by DAOL in December 2021, enhance synergy between group companies and invest in digital transformation to become innovative digital bank.
DAOL Asset Management has shown steady growth for more than 20 years since it was first founded in 1999. As of the end of 2021, its assets under management (AUM) reached USD 12.5 billion*. In particular, the company has distinguished itself in new business development, with successful launches of Multi-Asset Department and Alternative Investment Division in 2016. By launching and operating a number of successful public funds, such as First Class Stock Fund(Industry 4.0/China/ESG), Multi-Asset Income EMP, and Block-Deal High-Yield Fund, DAOL Asset Management continues to play a leading role in the market, and is expanding its unique portfolio of medium-risk and medium-return products such as NPL, and the asset allocation fund. The Alternative Investment Division has focused on expanding various investment assets and areas and succeeded in establishing all business sectors not only as domestic and foreign real estate but also as aircraft, ships, and infrastructure. It is operating USD 4.9 billion-worth of alternative investments as of the end of 2021.
* Source : Korea Financial Investment Association
DAOL Private Equity (“DAOL PE") was spun off from DAOL Investment & Securities in 2012 to become an independent corporate entity serving the growing private equity market in Korea. DAOL PE has a cumulative AUM of USD 1.8 billion and has achieved excellent investment results in a variety of industries by enhancing corporate value through proactive management participation and a buy-out-centered investment philosophy. Its key investments-to-date include Junjin Heavy Industry, Dongbu Express, JW Pharmaceutical, LIG Nex1, Nature Republic, Leenos, Toptec and more.
DAOL Credit Service (“DAOL Credit"), which first began as Nara Credit Service in 1999, became an affiliate of DAOL Investment & Securities in 2001. Services provided by DAOL Credit include debt collection, credit investigation, issuance of civil affair documents and real estate management. DAOL Credit has been a clear market leader in the field of debt collection and related information services, as seen in its role as the primary debt collection agency for the Korea Deposit Insurance Corporation for nearly 20 years.
* Served as the debt collector for the Korea Deposit Insurance Corporation from 2001 to Mar. 2022
Acquired by DAOL Investment & Securities in August 2008, DAOL Thailand is a securities company based in Thailand. Recent expansion efforts in Wealth Management, ECM, DCM and Investment Banking business lines have bolstered asset management capabilities DAOL Thailand, transforming the company into a comprehensive securities company offering a complete range of financial products. DAOL Thailand has continued to expand its footprint as the only Korean financial investment company in Thailand. At the end of 2019, DAOL Thailand has been changed a holding company that has securities, asset management, REITs management and personal loan subsidiaries.
DAOL New York is the U S local investment advisory company established in 2019. DAOL New York is global hub for group’s overseas alternative investment. DAOL New York currently cooperate with DAOL Asset Management to establish overseas logistics-focused REITs.